Wednesday, November 24, 2010

..the why

Living and working in Woolloomooloo means that I need a bit of green space...and Hyde Park is that space...it is my backyard. Everyday there is something to see.  Music, food festivals and tourist.  Homeless people, gardeners and wedding photographers.  You never know what you might come across when you take a short cut through the park.

My passion is photography.  When not working (and sometimes when working)  I think about; read about; look at or take photographs. Photography absorbs me. Or as a friend said ‘you are immersed’ (sounds better than obsessed).   On a recent stroll through Hyde Park I was pondering on the idea of a project.  Long term... something that I love, know and can share.  A project to photograph, research and write about.  Close to home. All weather and anytime access.   Something that would challenge me, build my photography skills ...  what to do...what to do...

365 Hyde Park is born. 
2011 - a year in the life of a city park.

No comments: